A long list of names

Ahh this is so bad.
Sorry, I've been completely exhausted by school lately. Even though I managed to do the Bible study, I couldn't find the strength to blog it.
Then since I hadn't blogged it yet, I didn't want to do another study so the blogs would just keep accumulating.

I hope my sleep cycle may slowly adjust so I may continue to carry this on.
Please pray for me :)

But anyways.
The passage this time is Genesis 10.

I have to admit that normally every time I come across a genealogy in the Bible, I skim over the names. So as I saw what was coming, I was considering skipping it.

But then I remembered a thought I came across once.
It went something along the lines of,
"Every word of the Bible has a specific purpose for our lives even when we may not think so."

So here we go .

So the first thing I noticed was the title.
It didn't say the genealogy of someone.
But instead it says "The Table of Nations".
I think that sounds pretty cool.
It also sounds pretty important if you ask me.

If you know what's coming next, it's really so significance.
It's going to be the record of the origins of all men today, the descendants of us all.
It's also going to show where all the nations on earth came from.
Pretty epic stuff if you ask me.

So as I read through the ancestors of Ham, the Hamites I noticed the name Canaan & the city Nineveh,  Sodom & Gomorrah.
Do you guys remember what happened to Ham in the previous passage?

He was the one brother that decided to shame his father when he saw him naked & drunk.
In turn Noah harshly cursed him. (Gen 9:24-25)
I actually found that pretty harsh when I read it, but now I can see that it was all part of God's plan. Now we can see that Ham's descendants ended up being very wicked people that were punished by God.
Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed completely because it didn't even have one righteous person inside.

That's basically all I picked up this time round.
But I really feel that once again, the disease of sin is shown here, how it is easily spread down each generation. Maybe if Ham didn't sin, the fate of his descendants wouldn't have been exactly the same.

This reminds me to be grateful I wasn't bought up in a 'wicked family'. That I was bought up in a Christian family. I probably would have had a much greater struggle with sin if I was bought up in a sinful place.

In the world nowadays, we see many non-Christians have a brilliant lifestyle, enjoying the pleasures of the world. We really shouldn't envy them or desire what they have. In turn, we should feel pitiful towards them that they have life in the wrong direction. We should have a passion to guide them in the right way.

That's all for this time.

Godbless~

2 comments:

  1. We've all been brought up in a sinful place if you think about it (: earth itself is a place where in nearly every corner you turn, you see sinful acts. I guess we should be grateful that God's grace extends beyond the perfection of Heaven, but onto lowly servants such as ourselves in this upside down world.

    ReplyDelete