A God that chose to love us despite our flaws

Hey guys.
It's been awhile.

If you follow my main blog, you'll know that I've been very busy lately. And I confessed that I have really lowly prioritised this time with God I enjoy sharing with you guys.

But after writing that blog yesterday, I hope that I may have successfully put up the priority of this blog.
So here goes.

Today's reading is from Amos 2.

So from verses 1-5, the first two paragraphs is basically a continuation of God's declaration of judgement from last time.

But what's new in this chapter is the fact that God also announces His wrath on His own people.

From this we can already pick up that God doesn't show favouritism. He doesn't let Israel's sins pass just cause they're His people. He punishes all for their sins fairly. His love for all is the same.

As I continued reading this book today, I continued to marvel at how different the stance is comparing to many of the books in the Bible. It reminded me that not only that God can punish us because He's God, but that we actually deserve every bad thing that comes our way.

If God was what we call a "fair God", then all He would be doing for eternity would be punishing mankind for our endless amounts of sin.

But God chooses to love us despite our sins.
It's His choice.
Remember that.
Never take His love for granted.

Verses 6-16, is quite a long passage of God declaring His wrath on Israel. It's longer than all the other nations at that.
It really reminded me, as a Christian, shouldn't we know better than to disgust God with our sins? Haven't we had more spiritual encounters & haven't we experienced His grace alot more than non-Christians? Shouldn't that give us a stronger stance against sin?
It really should.
But alot of the times that's not true for me. I'm just as bad as other people alot of the time, just like Israel was compared to the surrounding nations.

This should remind us that we must be different.
We should know better than other people.
Let's make a difference starting today.

This passage also made me realise something.
With Israel turning from God like that, if God just continued love them in a way that He continues to bless them, I'm sure there would be no way they would turn back. It was too late, they had already taken God out of the picture.

God's wrath was necessary.
It shook them awake from their sinfulness.
God has all the right reasons to punish.

To conclude,
I hope that we may continue to remember all the grace God has showered upon our lives so that when we're tempted to turn away from God, we may be able to fix our eyes on His goodness & flee from sin.

Godbless~

No comments:

Post a Comment